Sunday, January 30, 2011

Welcome to

My new readers from the California State Teachers Retirement System, or CalSTRS, which as I have exclusively reported has nearly $1 billion invested in the Permira IV fund, the money behind the controversial strawberry fumigant methyl iodide. Controversial, and somewhat suspectly approved through a back-end run via emergency regulations and with what we believe to be the backing of very large amounts of lobbyist cash.

Thanks for reading. And through the power of Google Analytics, I know you have been. Maybe your time would be better spent figuring out how to divest from the fund. Or figuring out how to use a proxy server (my 13-year-old could teach you) so I don't know your web surfing habits.

For those of you who don't know what I'm taking about:

http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/news/2010/dec/09/the-midas-touch/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to comment. In order to avoid spam, I will need to approve your comment before it posts. If you're here because you want to say something nasty, feel free to start your own blog. The Internet is the great democratizing force in media!